SOCA is excited to announce “Return to Play” programming starting the week of May 25th.
In staying in line with the Phase One Re-Opening of Virginia laid out by Governor Northam, the Virginia Youth Soccer Association (VYSA), through United States Youth Soccer (USYS), have established safety protocols for players to return to on-field training.
SOCA’s number one priority is to establish a training environment that is safe for all players and coaches using these guidelines. These sessions are in no way mandatory, but they hope families who feel comfortable take up this opportunity. There is no cost associated with these sessions.
Guidelines for conducting these sessions:
- No more than 10 people in a group: 9 players + 1 coach per field.
- Each player will have their own designated area to train in, which will be distanced by a minimum of 10 feet from the next nearest player or coach.
- Players will have their own designated hydration areas that will also be 10 feet apart from the nearest player.
- Each coach will wear a mask. Players are recommended to arrive and depart the fields with a mask but may remove it during training.
- All players and coaches must have their temperature checked at home prior to coming to training. Players and coaches are not permitted to come to training if they have a temperature of 100 or more or feel sick.
- All players must have their own water, a hand towel, hand sanitizer, and a soccer ball. Players will only use their soccer ball during sessions; however, players may be given additional soccer balls at certain stations. These additional soccer balls will be sanitized before and after each player’s individual use. No player may touch another player’s designated soccer ball(s).
- Players must use their hand sanitizer before and after each station.
- SOCA is working on getting hand sanitizing stations; however, we recommend players also bring their own for personal use.
- SOCA Technical staff will run each session.
- Each time slot will consist of three groups of 9 players. Each group will be well distanced at South Fork Soccer Park, with no more than one group per full-sided field.
- Groups will be trained in three different stations: Ball Mastery, Passing & Receiving using a kickback board, and Shooting. Each station will last 12-15 minutes before rotating to the next station. Players and coaches will utilize hand sanitizing in-between each station.
- Sessions will last 50 minutes, which will provide time for each group to exit the fields before the next group comes onto the field
Guidelines for Players:
- Cannot be feeling sick or have a temperature of 100 or more.
- Must bring their own ball, water, hand towel, and hand sanitizer.
- Cannot share water.
- Cannot share soccer balls or touch another player’s soccer ball.
- Must stay within training space and follow social distancing while moving from station to station.
- Must sanitize hands in between stations.
- Failure to comply with safety protocols will result in a dismissal from training.
Guidelines for Coaches:
- Must wear a mask.
- Must sanitize hands in between groups.
- Cannot touch any player’s soccer ball.
- Will sanitize any additional soccer balls provided to players at shooting station.
- Must take child’s temperature prior to training. Must keep child at home if they are feeling sick or have a temperature of 100 or more.
- Must stay in the car during training session.
- Make sure your child has the above-mentioned items.
Guidelines for Parents:
How to Register:
- All registration will be done through Sign Up Genius
- Each time slot will be available for a maximum of 27 players (3 groups of 9).
- Each age band and gender (U11-U12G, U11-U12B, U13-U14G, U13-U14B, U15B/G) is offered in 3 different times throughout the week. Players are allowed to sign up for ONE session per week.
- Goalkeeping sessions are run in their own time slots and broken into U11-12 B/G and U13-15 B/G.
- SOCA will open registration back up for players to sign up for a 2nd session if not all spots are filled in a given time slot.
- SOCA will email Arrival instructions the night before to let you know what group you are in and what field to report to upon arrival.
- SOCA will send out a new Registration link each week.